DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Bude Canoe Experience
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Bude Canoe Experience is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Bude Canoe Experience complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To ensure we have the necessary information to deliver you a safe and quality Bude Canoe Experience;
• To ensure we can take payment from you or issue refunds;
• To inform you that your Bude Canoe Experience pictures are ready for viewing;
• To collect feedback from you.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about matters relating to your Bude Canoe Experience.
• The processing of your data is necessary for your legitimate interests. These records are proof of your Bude Canoe Experience booking: –
• the processing relates only to the Bude Canoe Experience purchaser and participants;
• there is no disclosure to any third party other than Bookeo our secure online booking provider, Stripe and Paypal our secure payment providers.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will delete your personal information from our records within six months of your Bude Canoe Experience. The only exception to this will be payment / refund records which are required accounting purposes. In practice once we have requested feedback regarding your Bude Canoe Experience all information such as email addresses and phone numbers will be removed from our records.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Bude Canoe Experience holds about you;
• The right to request that The Bude Canoe Experience corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact The Bude Canoe Experience, c/o Southcombe Farm, Staddon Rd, Holsworthy, Devon EX22 6NH.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.